Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Obesity today

Having been obese before, I know how difficult it is to be under so much pressure to lose weight.
It's a depressing thing to have to face.

Here's some news on obesity and how it's been affecting our health care:

Obesity is the elephant in the room of health care reform, a public health catastrophe that kills more than 100,000 Americans a year, cost the nation $147 billion last year and threatens to shorten U.S. life expectancy for the first time since the Civil War.
So how did I get out of it? It was such a difficult hole to crawl out of, honestly. It was very difficult emotionally, mentally, and physically. But now that I'm over it, I wonder why I let myself go like that in the first place. I did several things to get well again. One, I started doing Wai Lana Yoga Invigorating workout and Wai Lana Yoga Easy workout. Those two alone brought me so far. I learned to listen to my body, know when it was full and when to stop eating. And, more importantly, I learned that it wasn't bad to control my desires to eat more. I wish the best of luck to all other people who are going through what I did! You can succeed!

No comments: